Sunday, January 3, 2016

New Year New Ideas

Well, 2016 has started I have been pondering a lot of things.  I have never taken New Year's Resolutions seriously, but I am 39 and there are a few thing that I really want to do this year....



1.  I want to sew more, I have a fantastic sewing machine that has not gotten enough attention lately. My Mom bought me a queen size quilt kit for my birthday in September and I have all the squares cut out but I need to start construction. I want to have this quilt completed by June.  
I do have a good start.  All the prep is done I just need to start sewing!












2.  My sister and I want to get our business started.  We have been talking about it for a few years now.  We are both creative and would like to find a way to make extra money by selling jewelry, and other things we make at local Farmer's Markets or online.  We have the name and lots of ideas but they have never materialized.  

3.  I want to maintain a blog.  It sounds fun and I can get my ideas down somewhere.  Plus I do a lot and seeing it would make me feel more accomplished in my daily life.  I also think I would be more accountable if I actually wrote it down.  
                   Life as a Mom in Washington



4.  I would like to achieve and maintain a healthy weight with a good exercise plan that does not involve spending all my time exercising and dieting.  I don't want to use diet foods, I don't want to starve myself, I want to enjoy what I eat, and I want to have fun when I exercise.  I would love to create a running/biking group of my friends that meet once or twice a week so we actually do it.  
                                     
5.  I want to read more books.  The girls and I read books together, but I have fallen into a book hole since I finished The Harry Potter series.  I am so picky about books, I always have been. I know that there is another author out there I will fall in love with.  
                                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment