Sunday, January 3, 2016

Quilt selection and preparation

Quilt Project Part One

My Mom asked me what I wanted for my birthday this year.  I spend so much time on Madison & Abbie's birthday, by the time I get to my birthday I am tired.  I had no idea what I wanted so she sent me a link to a quilting catalog and it peaked my interest. There were a ton of beautiful quilts to look at but this one caught my eye.


I thought this would make a really beautiful spring/summer quilt in our bedroom.  So I asked my Mom and she ordered it.   When it arrived this is how the fabric came..... a whole bunch of fat quarters ready to wash, iron, and cut out.  The vibrant colors made me giddy, I love this color palate. The aqua with the red and sage is gorgeous!   Back fabric was not included so my Mom and I headed to Joann Fabrics and found a complimentary fabric.  

 

I know this is going to be a challenge because the school year is so busy.  Before the year got too busy with Nutcracker practice, Girl Scouts, AWANA, and dance classes I knew I needed to get the squares cut out.  October 30th 2015, I was done with all the preparations.  912 squares cut out and ready to sew!  
912..... really?????  What have I gotten myself into?  Too late now I am committed!  








No comments:

Post a Comment